Thursday, December 1, 2022

December Already?

 OH MY how is it December already? It's obviously a sign of old age that the year has slipped by so fast.

What have I done this last month..... I read a few books, and I enjoyed the first two , Where the Truth Lies was a bit disappointing for me the main character was a feel sorry for me I drink too much character.


I finished a UFO from a few years ago My Ugly Fabric Tumbler quilt, it measures 84" x 72" which is the biggest quilt that I have done so far, I didn't get a photo of the pieced back it is in keeping with the ugly fabric theme. I do love it though.


Last weekend I went off to Coolah and joined the lovelies from Coolah Country PAtchwork for their Mystery Jelly Roll Quilt. The jelly roll that I picked was Sanctuary by 3 Sisters, it is very pretty. The first step was the cutting, then marking the 320 2 1/2 inch squares on the diagonal. I was cursing Catherine thinkiing all sorts of horrible things. I started sewing just before lunch. They always put on a beautiful spread for lunch and morning tea and that day was no exception. I have been pressing and trimming my blocks for what seams like hours but still don't have them all ready for the next step.







We had a friend come and stay a couple of weeks ago she was so surprised how nice the town and outlying area was all the media has been about floods and how ravaged the countryside is so it was nice to show her how nice the place is.
Pickles season is here I have pickled a few jars of beetroot and Cucumbers so far, we have fresh beans blanched and frozen it's all about to start. The tomatoes are looking great so far, if we can keep the birds away we will get a lot of sauce made.
The garden is looking great everything is thriving.




My good friend Anorina from @sameliasmum has started her monthly stocktake again so here goes. If you'd like to do your own monthly stocktake, here are the prompts which I used. Happy stocktaking!

Making: My mystery Jelly Roll Quilt, finishing a few bindings on quilts, sewing blocks for my Brontes Stars quilt


Cooking:
A christmas cake, Pickles , pickles , pickles, 2 loaves of bread each week


Reading: Exiles by Jane Harper


Hearing: The Willy Wagtail that doesn't sleep in the trees outside our bedroom window


Wishing: Someone would put the Christmas lights up for me


Enjoying: The warmer weather, it's not too hot yet.


Eating: Nothing fancy


Buying: I bought a few things in the Black Friday sales my no fabric veto has gone I got 9 metres of fabric from Spotlight for $52.


Watching: The Jacaranda trees in full flower they are beautiful. I'm also watching The great British sewing bee.


Needing: To get off my butt and do something.


Wearing: my summer unisorm is denim shorts and a t shirt


Following: A few blogs, @jessicadayon on insta 


Sorting: my sewing room still I have a mountain of scrapbooking stuff to use and pack away or pass on


Saving: I don't know certainly not money


Feeling: Very grateful to be living where we are no rush no worries but I'm also looking forward to going to see everyone in Wollongong near Christmas

2 comments:

loulee said...

Your garden is going well and producing lots.

Chookyblue...... said...

your ugly tumbler is lovely...........I should make another one.........I made one years ago and gave it to a friend.......you gardens looks great.......btoh vegies and flowers.......I hate how the media talks about things and creates a negative effect.........enjoy the slower pace of life in the country........although always busy its not like the bigger places for sure......they seem ignorant to the rest of the world.....I love stopping to say hi to people on the street in the shops......

More for March

  I have no idea what I'm doing here sometimes, I wrote a blog post yesterday and it posted on Chookys scrub stitchin blog, so I will tr...