Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Mudgee Sewing Weekend

Well I had a great time at Mudgee with the Coolah Cottage Patchwork girls. The weekend started early Friday, I drove to Coolah and went to the Lovely Kate's house and parked my car, loaded hers and off we went. We stopped at Gulgong for lunch and a wander around a few shops. I didn't take any photos we were chatting too much. We went to the Gallery which is a craft co-op and then Stacks which I am sure is a neverending row upon row of aisles and the most amazing selection of stuff! I think we lost and hour and a half there, there were phone calls to see where we were. Then on the way back to the car we stopped in a little antique shop, another hour gone. So we got out of shopping mode and got into the car and off we went. In mudgee we had to go find a Sussan shop, it's not there anymore, Kate had forgot to pack her pyjamas, so Big W it was. Then we went to the River Cottages B and B I think thats their name, and unpacked the car with the help of two teenagers, they didn't come with the B and B they were waiting for their dad. The rooms were ready, the machines set up and I was sewing.

By Friday night I had finished the first quilt top, I stayed up till 11 pm way passed my bedtime. 
This is a raffle quilt for a local lady who has a yearly raffle for Beyond Blue.
Saturday arrived and back to the machine, I started on my solids quilt, a scrappy Irish chain. I have a lot of solids and I don't use them often.
Unfortunately I didn't take enough of the white to keep going I only got 4 rows sewn. After morning tea I showed some of the ladies how to make a Sew Together Bag by Sew Demented. It pushed a few out of the comfort zone, I made 2 of these bags I think about 8 years ago so I had to refresh the brain. In the end they were all happy with their bags.
Saturday evening Catherine showed us how to make these cute folded stars, mine turned out quite fat but I will make some more.Sunday Kate showed us this cute YoYo decoration, I think it would be better with a thicker thread but Kate had been given a box of Perle 20 so thats what we used for the example.

        

       

                               


The grounds were beautiful they have a selection of farm birds, turkeys, chickens and geese. A camel and an ostrich (it looks like an emu to me) and a donkey. The river was all over the animal enclosure last week so we didn't go down on the grass to keep it nice. Kate and I stopped at the cheese shop on the way home and got some beautiful cheeses. A great weekend.




 

3 comments:

loulee said...

Looks like a great weekend.

Maria said...

That sounds like the perfect weekend.
Friends,shopping and sewing ..

Chookyblue...... said...

looks like a great weekend.......glad it happened in between all the flooding........

More for March

  I have no idea what I'm doing here sometimes, I wrote a blog post yesterday and it posted on Chookys scrub stitchin blog, so I will tr...