Tuesday, August 23, 2022

See Ya Later Aligator!!!!!


 It's August blog hop run by Carla at Creatin' in the sticks the brief was  to create something inspired by travel, anything from places to go, how to get there and anything in between. Even an alligator. 
I was going to make a big block book for EPP but I needed a few supplies and time ran out and I couldn't get to the fabric shop to get what I wanted and we have had a steady stream of visitors lately, it's my husbands 60th birthday today so his brothers and a few friends made the trek over the last couple of weekends to visit him and the kids are here now and another brother. So then I thought I would make shoes bags for the kids as they are starting to travel again, but same problem I couldn't get what I wanted so think Lianne..... I went to the op shops looking for a voile curtain nope, the cheap shop had one and I must say never ever buy a sheer curtain from the Reject shop it's terrible material but good enough for shoe bags, I used french seams so it wouldn't fall apart. So then I didn't have enough bias binding for the casing so I used my Pauline Rogers bias makers and volia!


With all the visitors we have been up at the lookout a few times and the canola fields in the distance look beautiful. The other picture is my Bonsai Azalea that number 3 son has grown for me.

Make sure to go and look at the others in todays hop
Thanks for stopping by




19 comments:

Quilting Gail said...

What a great idea to make shoe bags! They are so useful!
Happy Quilting.
quiltinggail

Chookyblue...... said...

the canola is stunning at present.........
small town make do'sis always an interesting challenge....but you got there in the end......enjoy the visitors......tell him the "axe murder" said happy birthday.....

Danice G said...

Very cute shoe bags- the kids will love them for sure. French seams are durable, and so professional as well.

Pamela Arbour said...

Your bags look nice but I think they are too pretty for shoes! LOL

Carol said...

Love those shoe bags--very handy to have when traveling! You sure went through a lot to make them. Perseverance paid off though. Thanks for sharing!

Carla said...

Shoe bags are perfect for travel and it sounds like you are busy entertaining lots of travelers. Thanks for joining us in the See Ya Later Alligator blog hop.

Calicojoan said...

I never thought about curtain sheer fabric for shoe bags. Now that's a great idea! This is a perfect example of why blog hops are so much fun, I learn something and am inspired every day, and you have mastered the travel shoe bag.

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Shoe bags are so useful, and the lettering is fun!

LJ said...

Happy Birthday, hubby. You had great ideas that didn't come to fruition, but the shoe bags are inspired and it's neat to see some re-making being done, too.

lynn said...

Where there is a will, there is a way. you have given us a great example of that. Thanks

Karrin Hurd said...

Great idea making shoe bags.

Carol Swift said...

You had to really work to get this project going, but I love how you made it work. Shoe bags are a great travel item to have and yours look so pretty! Thank you for sharing!

Inflorescencedesigns said...

Love the shoe bags. Sorry the fabric was terrible but like you said they work for shoes. Perfect for the hop!

Sharon said...

Great projects, and what a view of the mountains beyond those canola fields. Thanks for sharing!

Karen's Korner said...

What a great gift idea.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

What a great idea for travelling. Hope your hubby has had a very happy birthday celebrating with his family.

Charlene McCain said...

Great idea! I usually stuff my extra pair of shoes in a paper bag, but this would be so much better. Thank you for the inspiration.

Leah said...

It is a great week for birthdays! Your shoe bags turned out great. Such a nice idea!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

That's a great idea to make shoe bags! I must make some, they would get well used! Thanks for sharing xx

More for March

  I have no idea what I'm doing here sometimes, I wrote a blog post yesterday and it posted on Chookys scrub stitchin blog, so I will tr...