Friday, September 23, 2022

Queen of Gadgets Blog Hop

 Carol of Just Let Me Quilt is hosting this hop, the challenge was to use your favourite sewing tool to create a project.

I love a good gadget but which is my favourite? this month the favourites would be my Stripology ruler, my rotating cutting mat and a squaring up ruler(I hate trimming 1/2 square triangles). 

So what will I make using these? I went through the ever growing stash and found all the solids that I have and don't use because I just don't so I made a block book from Jo Avery's book Patchwork and Quilting Basics. First I pressed everything, then used the Stipology Ruler and started cutting, while I was there I cut a mountain of strips in solids to make a Jacobs Ladder quilt too.          



I used a 10" ruler, because that is the size I have, to square up the blocks and sewed them all up , I used a ruler to mark the quilting lines and I even followed the instructions and finished the book minus 3 toggle buttons that I need to get.
This is the last day of the hop so go and visit the others and see what gadgets they have, I'm making a wish list and it's going to be long.

20 comments:

Maria said...

Fabulous Jacobs Ladder blocks using all those useful gadgets.....

Carol said...

Block books are nice for hand stitching projects. Love that Jacob's ladder! Thanks for sharing.

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Those Stripology rulers are the best and my favorite gadget too!

Carla said...

Awww, yes, the ruler is one of the greatest gadgets. Your quilt is so cute in all that solid goodness.

Calicojoan said...

I don't tend to use a lot of solids either, but they really do call to me when I see them. Looks like you have the perfect setup with your gadgets. Beautiful quilt.

Quilting Gail said...

Thanks for sharing your gadgets! Your Jacob's Ladder quilt looks great!

Annie said...

I love all that color in your blocks! Great tools for creating them with.

Lori Smanski said...

thank you for sharing. your quilt is wonderful. I have just gotten into using mostly solids. it really is a lot of fun

Carol Swift said...

I've never made a Jacob's Ladder quilt but looking at your little beauty makes me want to! I gave away that strip cutting ruler because I never use it. Now I wish I'd kept it because you made it look so easy. Thanks for sharing your gadgets, Lianne!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great gadget, thanks so much for sharing!

Charlene McCain said...

Beautiful quilt blocks! Wonderful gadgets! I really like the strip ruler. It looks like it would save you a lot of time.

piecefulwendy said...

Oh, the colors are so bright and happy in your quilt blocks! What would we do without our useful gadgets?

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Love your quilt! I love using a stripology ruler too. ;)

For the love of geese said...

So cheerful. Love my stripology ruler.

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh I do like the blocks you made........handy gadgets......

LJ said...

Stripology ruler is a fantastic gadget. Perfect for cutting!

Sharon said...

Your blocks are sew pretty! Thanks for sharing your great gadgets.

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Beautiful blocks! Thanks for sharing your favorite gadgets.

Leah said...

Such a fun gadget! Those solids look fantastic. Beautiful quilt.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I really need to get me one of those rulers! Lovely bright quilt blocks! xx

More for March

  I have no idea what I'm doing here sometimes, I wrote a blog post yesterday and it posted on Chookys scrub stitchin blog, so I will tr...