Wednesday, March 24, 2021

 Weekly Update

Hubby and I went to Gunnedah for the weekend to pick out a fire place for our house, we met one of the tenants and she was lovely with a gorgeous dog so we were happy. 40 kms out of Gunnedah a truck spat up a heap of stones onto the windscreen and one stuck and chipped the screen, I didn't get a picture of the chip but we went to Supercheap and got a repair kit and for a big chip now you can hardly see it.

Sauturday we went to the markets, it needs a shake up, there wasn't much there I don't know if there are regulations but there was only one food van, we were looking for breakfast, and no fresh produce, one stall selling sauce and jams but you couldn't taste any. There was a local council stand and they gave us an information bag as new residents with all sorts of info, a biscuit and a voucher for $20 Gunny money.

Afterwards we went out of town for a drive to find the solar farm that our tenants are building it is enormous.



Then we were driving around and saw a silo at the end of town painted with the Dorothy Mackellar poem. 

On Sunday as we were leaving we saw a few vintage cars and tractors driving around and realised the Museum had an open day.



I finished Jane Harpers book The Survivors. I have loved all of her previous books and this was the same I had no idea who dunnit till the end there was no clues and such a surprise and great read. I picked up my beach painting from a resident, I need to finish her quilt now.


I also finished another three Brontes Stars blocks I'm happy with it so far.





2 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your bronte stars quilt is coming along beautifully. I love those colours which you’ve chosen. Gunnedah looks like a really nice place and I’ll bet you’re hanging to move and settling in. Not long now xx

Carol Swift said...

It's always fun to take outings like this. I emailed you for your blog info, but I found it. I'm excited to have you join in the Born to be Wild hop!

April is over

Well they say time flies faster when you get old, April flew by and I am older I refuse to say I'm old, that is why I work in Aged Care ...