Friday, May 21, 2021

My First Blog Hop

 I am so excited this is why I started this blog so I could join blog hops and make different things to what I would normally make, out of the comfort zone time.

So I have joined Carol from Just Let Me Quilt blog in the Into The Wild blog hop



So I had an idea for a project I wanted to make a sloth quilt, I couldn't find a pattern that I liked but I did find a tiger pattern then I looked at all the bits and thought about the time I had to make said quilt, we are moving 6 hours away to the country and we are moving ourselves no removalist's , and I thought maybe that can be a later on project, I have a lot of them. 
While we are travelling to and from the new place when it's light enough I crochet in the car so I thought I would make a Tessa bag for my crochet I think it is a pink stitches pattern, anyway I like the extended version so I made up a pattern from one I had made years ago, my patterns are all packed away. and I pulled some jungle type fabrics and started to sew.


                                    





I put a pocket in the lining perfect for a small pair of scissors and a crochet hook. Then I had a few scraps so I thought I can never have enough mug rugs so I did a quick QAYG mug rug too.



Here is the list of bloggers in the Into The Jungle Blog Hop

May 17th

 


32 comments:

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Great projects! I really like the bag.

Stitchin At Home said...

Lovely projects! Made during a move even my impressive.

Lori Smanski said...

your bag is lovely. and the mug rug is so fun also.
quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

Inflorescencedesigns said...

Welcome to blog hopping! This is only my 4th one and I love them. Your bag is wonderful and you are correct, you can never have too many mug rugs.

Carol said...

Neat bag and mug rug! You did well for your first hop! Keep it up!

Sharon said...

So glad that you could join with the blog hop! I love your wild bag; sew colorful and useful.

Carol Swift said...

Blog hopping is a great way to be inspired and make new blog friends...welcome to the adventures! Your bag turned out really beautiful and that mug rug is so fun. The fabrics are wild and perfect for this hop. Good luck on your move and thank you for sharing!

Calicojoan said...

I am right there with you on blog hops. It pushes us out of our comfort zone. You did some fabulous stash busting with really fun wild colors and prints and now have a bag that will be easy to find. LOL!! I love the mugrug. What a fun way to play with scraps!

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

I am a bag lady, so love the bag! The mug rug is great too.

Susan said...

Hi Lianne! Awesome making skills! I’d like to follow your blog, but you need a couple of gadgets in your sidebar to make it easier for people. I can talk you through it when you are ready to add them.

Quilting Gail said...

Great bag!!! And congratulations on being in your first blog hop!

Danice G said...

'Love the bag and the mug rug. One can truly never have enough mug rugs.

tink's mom said...

Welcome to our blog hopping world. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful and educational the adventures can be. Your bag is great and any mug rug is a wonderful addition to your life. You will use them and think of what hop inspired it and smile.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Great Bag..so pretty and the Mug
Rug is really cute. Have a great day!

Susan said...

Great bag! Hope to see you in more blog hops!

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thank you they are very quick to make

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thanks I made them a couple of weeks ago so they would be done in time

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thank you so much

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thank you I hope this is the first of many

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thank you so much Carol

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thank you so much Sharon

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thank you for your encouragement

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thank you so much, I have a lot of scraps to play with

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thanks I love bags, I am definitely a bag lady with shoes to match.

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thank you so much I will get in touch when we move in a week or 2

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thanks and that right never enough

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thank you I have enjoyed seeing what others have done as well

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thanks so much

Lianne makes stuff said...

I hope so too thanks

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your bag looks fantastic and perfect for car crochet. Safe travels this week xx

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Those are great projects Lianne! You did a great job on your first blog hop!! xx

Leah said...

Your bag is great! Welcome to blog hopping. I love them as well as they inspire me to create new fun things. I also like having assigned hop days too. I get in the sewing room more often since I know something is coming due on a certain day, which I like. Otherwise I find I waste time doing other things that are less productive.

More for March

  I have no idea what I'm doing here sometimes, I wrote a blog post yesterday and it posted on Chookys scrub stitchin blog, so I will tr...