Monday, July 5, 2021

We Have Moved

 We are Gunnedarians if that is a word. We have been here for 4 weeks now and love it!

Mind you there is still a lot of work to be done until we are really settled, there is a chook pen to erect (I suck at using a post hole digger Meh), raised garden beds to build and fill trees to lop and fill raised garden beds. Inside there is the mammoth task of working out where all our pictures go and we need another timber bookcase for photo albums and other books of course.

 
My last day at work I got to take the oldies for a bus trip and we went to a favourite spot for a photo, Bald Hill. This was some of the boxes mainly from my sewing room I think.


The gorgeous girls that I worked with out for my farewell, minus young Jade who was playing the pokies, they surprised me with some beautiful flowers that lasted for 2 weeks, some bubbles and candles and some cute but teeny tiny flamingo slippers.
 

 
 Some of the many many boxes of my sewing and craft room, I think there were more that 40.
 
A double rainbow, we didn't get the storm but some showers later in the afternoon, view from the pub. Our wonderful fireplace, Smokey Dave has it so hot we had to move the cabinet into another room.
 
The view east from Porpucine lookout.
 
 I found these tumblers leftover from the quilt that hasn't been quilted yet, I need to set up my frame and do some, these will go into something very soon. Saturday I joined in on Chooky Blues zoom session it was great I hadn't sewn with anyone for months. I finished the smitten block in the afternoon and in the morning , way to early to be sewing, I did a few rows on my Boro Stitching panel. I am way to critical of me sewing, I see the stitches and freak out that I can see them and with the Boro some were crooked I need to get over that. It's better to be finished than perfect! 
 
I also sewed through the week and got the last 2 blocks from last years bee quilt done. Then I spent way to long and cut my scraps up, only the pieces that were smaller than a layer cake or strips 5" and under. They are now in 2.5" strips, skinnier strips,2.5" squares, 5" squares and the schnibbles, which is basically smaller that those pieces. I have yet to colour code them but that can be for another day.
 

 

 

Cheers Lianne
Don't be hard on yourself>


4 comments:

Janice said...

You’ve been very productive since your move. It was lovely to meet you and hang out on Saturday.
Gunnedah is a beautiful town. I’m sure you will be very happy there.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Lovely to meet you at the Zoom meet...love your Smitten block...you've been so productive amongst moving house way across your State...a few crooked stitches add to the personality of the project...

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thanks Janice it was fun I have never done that before, I'm looking forward to the next one

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thanks and yes a few crooked stitches are only seen by us sometimes

More for March

  I have no idea what I'm doing here sometimes, I wrote a blog post yesterday and it posted on Chookys scrub stitchin blog, so I will tr...