Monday, April 19, 2021

 Another Weekend Gone In a Flash.

We went up to the house on Friday with a load in the trailer this one was all boxes and plastic storage boxes. I was told it was to be garden stuff but there was some sewing room boxes in there. Hubby had packed two trolleys so only a small bit of lifting. There's a couple of picks of the roses still flowering in the yard and there are a few Geraniums as well everything needs a prune and mulch. Then it was off to Gunnedah Show!!!!!!!!!! I used to be a "carny" back in the day but I haven't been to a local show in years and I can't wait till next year to be able to stay a bit longer and watch the horses and mustering events. I haven't had a Dagwood Dog for years either I used to cook them in the food van I worked in.



This horse did not want to be there, he was bucking and walking
 backwards, not a happy horsey.Some of the needlework in the competition. I didn't get pictures of the jams and cakes we were in a rush to relax after getting up at 3am.




I love the markings on these girls feathers, I would wear fabric with that print.

This guy was a beautiful Rooster.
From far off you couldn't tell which end was what.




Back at the club for a very early dinner of Lamb pot pie that was delicious, we even remembered to use our Dine and Discover vouchers from the government.
News!!!!!! I am going to be buying this second hand quilting frame.... Yay!!!!

1 comment:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

The show looks like a lot of fun and dagwood dogs are just the best! Those chooks are cuties and wow, those feathers!
Fantastic about the quilting frame. You'll be able to enter the show with your beautiful quilts and project next year.

More for March

  I have no idea what I'm doing here sometimes, I wrote a blog post yesterday and it posted on Chookys scrub stitchin blog, so I will tr...