Tuesday, March 2, 2021

I have bartered 2 quilts


Last week at work I took some of my quilts to show the residents, like a mini quilt exhibition. I'm not a brilliant quilter but I make do. One of the residents is a really good artist and she asked for the quilt below the green and orange card trick quilt I said she could have it it's an old quilt I made it iin a groupa and used it to sample different styles of free motion quilting, she asked me for a price but I suggested she could draw a picture of our dearly departed dog which she was happy to do. The next morning she messaged to say she was done. Below is the photo of Kelly that I sent her and the picture of the drawing she did. I love it.

 








So I went to get my picture and she asked if I would finish and give her my Meadowlands quilt, designed by Along Came June, for a painting of my choice. So seeing as we are moving away from Wollongong soon I asked if she could paint me a local beach scene from Woonona or Bulli beach where hubby and I both spent our youth, before we knew each other, so I'm waiting and I will have to get the quilt finished.


2 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Gorgeous quilts and a beautiful drawing of Kelly.

O'Quilts said...

that is exciting. And the dog picture is perfect

More for March

  I have no idea what I'm doing here sometimes, I wrote a blog post yesterday and it posted on Chookys scrub stitchin blog, so I will tr...