Rainbow scrap Chllenge 2026

RSC26 Button

Sunday, February 1, 2026

January final summation

 My last post when I was summing up January I didn't add my Chookshed Challenge progress.


My Number 3 was Frivols quilt top, I had one star done so I finished the rest of the top. 

I also got this top done I have decided to add 2 borders so I will get onto that today, this was the project from the 2024 Advent Box from Sew Fab, it was packaged as a BOM in the box. Last years quilt is underway, it is blocks from the Moda Blockhead series.
These are my RSC blocks in Blue, now I will dig out green for February.

I joined Peel Country Quilters in January they meet in Tamworth which is an hours drive, they seem nice ladies, I went to a couple of their sew days when we first moved here and one lovely old dear told me my quilt would be wrong because the colours don't go together. I didn't go back after that. silly really I could have just ignored her. Anyway it looks like all the old dears are gone from the Staurday group. They are having a Challenge year where you show what you're wanting to complete in the year so I am sure I can find something.

Deanna has drawn 8 for February! my 8 is Anni Downs Christmas Tree wall hanging and for the quilting my Rosie's Stars quilt. Wish me luck.

Fabric in for January 15 metres
Fabric out fo January 9 metres 
Net Gain                   6 metres

3 comments:

Maria said...

I’ve been catching up post ready and see you’ve set some great goals for your challenges this year. Good luck with them all.
I see you’ve done really well last month with some lovely finishes.

loulee said...

You had a great month, lots of progress. And who made that old dear the quilt police?

Janice said...

Your pixilated flower quilt is stunning. All those seams to nest we’d be a pain. I hope the new group work out to be a good fit for you. There’s no enjoyment otherwise, which defeats the purpose. Good luck with February’s goals.

Mid October

  Work has been crazy busy the other girl that works in Gunnedah is off so I am covering her clients and mine as well, oh well in a few week...