Saturday, August 31, 2024

August catch up

 Chookshed Challenge No 7, Deanna drew number 7 which is a braided table runner not started yet, I want to make a table runner for DIL Sophie grandparents,they have gifted me a lovely timber tray and dish, that I haven't got yet, and Brad suggested that I make them a quilt ..... well no thanks there's a bit more work in a quilt .

What have I been up to? 

August Challenge for me was EPP so I have been sewing my Smitten little filler blocks I have 2 left which I will do this afternoon then I just need to join the blocks together, it's only been 7 years since I started this quilt.....


The last week the weather has been lovely so we went for a short drive to get photos of the canola crops just out of town, I love the colours.


I have been very good in doing my 30 minutes of sewing each day, it has all been hand sewing almost nothing on the machine.

The husband is home for good now after finally selling the business in Wollongong, now we are going through the fun job of closing accounts, phones registered to the business, email accounts etc. We have to decide on a new internet provider I want proper NBN he doesn't it goes on. 

I didn't do my orange scrap blocks this month but I may do them tomorrow. 
The garden is going nuts I have been shelling and freezing peas, picking and freezing asparagus I want to find a pickling recipe and bottle some.
Next week I am off to Baradine for a weekend sewing retreat with Chooky and some other ladies I can't wait, I know I will take to many projects but it is better to have too much than run out. I am a true overpacker. 

That's it for now



3 comments:

Maria said...

A Braided table runner is doable , maybe at Chooky’s next week?
Nearly finished the long awaited quilt .
Yes also kms of golden canola crops on the way to Perth and Geraldton here in the West.

Janice said...

The canola is stunning. Your Smitten blocks are lovely. Oh, the joys of winding up a business. We finished all that at the start of this year. Life is so much simpler now. Enjoy the retreat. Yep, you have to take too much. Imagine running out!

loulee said...

Your EPP blocks look lovely.

August catch up

 Chookshed Challenge No 7, Deanna drew number 7 which is a braided table runner not started yet, I want to make a table runner for DIL Sophi...