Monday, June 3, 2024

May Recap

 Well May is gone, I know we all say this but the year is flying by.....

May project for the Chookshed Challenge was my Basket Quilt, I started this one just after I bought my Accuquilt set. Its a bit hard to see on the design bed over the other quilt, I have teal sashing to go and it's a top.

I've lost my sew jo, it's there somewhere but just for handsewing, I have been joining hexie flowers , these were started at work in the afternoons about 2010 and I joined them with grey hexies but I didn't like it so I put the box on top of the bookcase and pulled it down and ripped all the grey hexies out and started to join them again, there's some vintage fabrics there.

We went to the races on the last weekend of May it was a beautiful afternoon and the fashions on the field were interesting all the ladies taking to the stage and assuming the position of legs crossed, I may have made a few disparaging comments because I'm a bithch but I said them very quietly.


A friend in Tamworth had a clean out and I scored this cute tea pot and another friend gave me a sewing machine trolley and about 30 cookbooks




So Deana has drawn no 10 for June my 10 is a redwork Christmas quilt, so I will start to work on that. 
For May I sewed my 30 minutes almost everyday. I made 2 pink 16 patch blocks and 4 bow tie blocks for the RSC.
I made 2 blocks for my bee swap and I have been adding to my crochet rug. 
Enjoy the cold month of June. I am making some chicken and vegies soup tomorrow.



3 comments:

Maria said...

The teal will join your basket beautifully into a flimsy.
Enjoy stitching your hexies .
Sounds like you did very well for your May challenges.
Have fun stitching #10.

loulee said...

You had a great month for someone who has lost her sew jo. I hope you have a great June.

Chookyblue...... said...

your basket quilt will be lovely..........you did good with the EPP.........I would not be that patient.......and you have joined a fair bit back together......
I will never be in the running for fashions of the field.......lol.....always interests me the effort people go to......
have fun with all those cook books.....
wow you got in 30mins everyday.......your mojo isn't missing......got a nice salsa chicken in the slow cooker for late lunch......nice to have some winter BUT we do need to get some wood today.......

May Recap

 Well May is gone, I know we all say this but the year is flying by..... May project for the Chookshed Challenge was my Basket Quilt, I star...