Saturday, June 29, 2024

June news

  It has been so cold!!!! I don't like cold.The only crafting I have been doing is my crochet rug and a bit of cutting. 

I have been doing a lot of soup and stew cooking with the husband going away Monday - ThursdayI cook on the weekend and send him with food and freeze some for a friend that we feed and have enough in the fridge for me for the week as well, I couldn't be bothered cooking just for me.

This years crochet rug is finished, I'm not sure who it's going to but I have enough yarn to make another one.

I think I have truly gone mad, I have decided to do a postage stamp quilt from my scrap bins, I started cutting 1.5" squares and then I bought an accuquilt die which made things a lot easier

This project could take a very long time, I have emptied one bin that's all.
I haven't done any of my June Chookshed Challenge project, I just haven't been feeling it. I also haven't done much of my Blue Basket needleturn quilt
I decided at the end of May I was not going to buy any fabric for the month of June seeing as I'm going to the Sydney Craft Show next week and I will need to save some money, but then I got an email that Gnomeangel was selling off her fabrics at 60% off if you bought a metre, now I went through her shop and made a huge cart and deleted it but then the next day I got a text from my good friend Anorina and I had another look at Gnomeangel's shop and the picture below left was the result it's all very beautiful.
Then last Wednesday a text from Spotlight told me that all quilting fabric was $15 a metre, including wide back so I had to go and have a look seeing as I was in Tamworth for work, I also got 2 new memory foam pillows for the hubby and me for $10 each and also there were cushions @$5 each great as a cushion insert. You should have seen me trying to carry it all as I ran out of the shop after the cushions scanned at $15 and the assistant changed the price but the fabric price also changed to $5 a metre, no guilt here.

I have some mending to do this weekend jeans to hem and a couple of tops to take in.
Well hopefully whatever number Deana draws next week will get worked on.




3 comments:

Maria said...

Nice to be crocheting 🧶 a rug in this colder weather.
Oh you did but a good pile of fabrics as well as cushions and pillows.
I made a Postage Stamp quilt many years ago. Have fun.

dq said...

Curling up with a warm crochet project is perfect for those cold days. Sometimes we need to do what feels good instead of what is on the list. Starting something new and exciting especially if it comes from scraps is always uplifting.
I like that you cook in advance and then eat it throughout the week. That takes time too.

loulee said...

Great shopping haul. You had to do it, there was a special on and we all know you can't turn down a special.

June news

   It has been so cold!!!! I don't like cold.The only crafting I have been doing is my crochet rug and a bit of cutting.  I have been do...