Saturday, January 20, 2024

January

 Oh my it is so hot, I think I'm melting.The last week while Dave was away at work it was too hot and humid to sew, bugger. We got a nice lot of rain Wednesday evening and Thursday morning so that was good. I have finally finished this book, Cloud Cuckoo Land, It was an interesting book the characters were great but like his previous book it was a while(last 100 pages) before they all came together. I was determined to finish it and I think it took me about 5 weeks to read.


Another one that took a while I think I just wasn't in the mood to read over Christmas but this was another great book by Kate Morton.

                                                                                                                           


Then this book took me 3 days to read it was great .

The stray kittens are growing up and they are very cute as all kittens are, playing around the yard destroying flowers haha.



I am thinking of joining in the Round Trip sew a long with Emma Jean Jansen, I'm thinkiing of using this bunch of Tilda that I have had for a few years.

While we were delivering some pickles and sauces to Somerton Pub to sell I was looking at their renos in the dining room and there was some quilts and cushions there for sale, these were the only ones Dave got a photo of, I had left my phone at home, They match my top nicely. Maureen that used to own Stitch Between the Bridges in Tamworth is the publicans mother, small world.


This scrap extravaganza is now a finished top, I started this version of Everything goes by These Clever Hands in 2019 before we moved and then my computer crashed along with a lot of patterns, that I thought I had backed up but didn't, so I  got the container with all the bits and got it finished. Even though it was all stash it didn't really make a dent.
Livvy boy thinking he is being helpful

My first finish for the year is a bag for my niece, it was to be a Christmas present but I didn't use the right stiffening so I re did it and will get it to her soon.


My no 6 project is going nicely the embroidery is almost done so I will hopefully get to it this week and finish it off.
That's enough rambling I'm going to make sauce, I am sick of tomatoes and zucchinis.


3 comments:

Janice said...

A nice newsy post. We have had rather pleasant weather for the last week, but that is about to change. Not looking forward to it. Like you, I'm about over zucchinis, but our tomatoes have done very little, so no sauce this year. Just as well I still have some from last year. Your bag is looking great and I just love the Everything Goes quilt. Thanks for the book reviews. I have a couple of Chris Hammer books on the shelf waiting to be read. I think I will start one.

Maria said...

No rain here but it’s been very humid. Love my morning swim as it’s cools me down.
Interesting reading.
The Scrap Extravaganza looks great.
Well done on the bag redo. It’s lovely.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

awww love the kitties!! It's been hot and humid here too... don't enjoy the heat! I planted three zucchini plants and something ate them all.. sigh... I am still hoping to get a lot more tomatoes to bottle... xx

April is over

Well they say time flies faster when you get old, April flew by and I am older I refuse to say I'm old, that is why I work in Aged Care ...