Wednesday, January 31, 2024

January Finish

 The first month of the Chookshed Stitchers 2024 Challenge is No 6 and this was the bag kit form Scrub Stitchin last year. It is finished, I used some bag wadding to stiffen it but it's a bit too stiff and was very hard to turn through and also pull up the draw strings, never mind, next bag I might just use it for the base. I did a quick crosshatch quilting design on the bottom sides and back and just a few straight lines on the bottom of the front. 

I have 3 lists this year, one list I finished the bag in previous posts which has now been gifted and the third list is quilting of which I did none this month it has been way to hot.


As a challenge to myself this year I am sewing 30 minutes per day for January I did 26/31 so not bad.

4 comments:

Maria said...

Well done with your challenge finish. your bag looks great.
You also managed to do most of your personal challenge stitching for 1/2hr each day.

dq said...

Yay! You did it! It has been so fun that we finished these up together!

Janice said...

Another great Scrub Stitchin' Bag. It looks great. 30 minutes each day is a big ask. Well done.

loulee said...

Lovely finish. Great start for the year.

April is over

Well they say time flies faster when you get old, April flew by and I am older I refuse to say I'm old, that is why I work in Aged Care ...