Wednesday, May 17, 2023

 

May!!!!!!

 Yes it's May and the middle of the month. My wifi has been down so my
 computer has had no internet, the printer wouldn't work and I had to bite the
 bullet and call the tech guy in Wollongong, who is a bit arrogant which is why
 I put it off for so long, anywho after him fiddling with the system we're back!


A lot has happened since the last blog post, I went to Scrub Stitching, that
 was a great weekend and I met so many lovely people and got so much 
sewing and quilting done. The Magpie bag was my gift in the make it, bake it,
 fake it draw. Then the printed bag with all our names on it. Oh and the goody
 bag! I made a project bag from a Kmart tea towel with koalas on it, I was 
finishing it the day before leaving home and I realised I had the koalas upside
 down so I ripped off the binding and re did it, I was hoping that one of the 
overseas visitors would get it and Deana did, so I was happy.




Above is the group photo and also the chookshed stitchers. I got the quilting 
finished on Grant's quilt, it just needs the sashing and binding done. I 
assembled my Moda Love quilt as well.


Then a few days after I got back we got a kitten! this is Livvy, Dave didn't 
want a cat but he has taken responsibility for feeding her, hence the lamb
 shank in her bowl.


Then I put two quilts in the Gunnedah Show and got Firsts for both I was
 pleased and surprised. I got my Churn Dash quilt quilted by Jackson of House
 of Jackson, Chooky picked it up and dropped it off for me I just need to bind
 it. I had better get off to work so I can pay for more quilting.

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

was so nice to meet up again at Scrub Stitchin'....glad you enjoyed the goodies....was only too happy to pick up your quilt from Jackson and drop it off to you.......

More for March

  I have no idea what I'm doing here sometimes, I wrote a blog post yesterday and it posted on Chookys scrub stitchin blog, so I will tr...