Monday, May 16, 2022

FOODIE BLOG HOP

 Hi there! Carla from createinthesticks is hosting the Foodie Blog Hop this month, I was thinking of making some Bowl Cosies or Placemats, I bought some material before Christmas to use for our placemats, and then my sewing group inherited a deceased estate fabric stash and suggested that we make some things for the people affected by the recent floods in Northern New South Wales, not far from me. So the fabric was sorted into plastic boxes with rough sizes together. Now the deal was to use the fabric to make some things but not buy anything extra and the quilt shop would quilt the quilts that were made. I grabbed a pile of black and white fabric I have always wanted to make a black and white quilt, a bundle of greens and a few other bits and pieces and I decided to make a set of placemats.




I was very happy with the end result a set of six new placemats for someone that lost everything. Now I will start on the two quilts that I have cut.

Thanks for dropping by be sure to visit the other blogs on the list for today

38 comments:

lynn said...

That is a great idea Lianne. I can't imagine how one manages with the devastating losses from fires and floods. Thanks

Vicki in MN said...

How thoughtful that everyone make quilts for those in need, so rewarding.

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Very nice idea and nice placemats!

Lori Smanski said...

these are wonderful. thanks for sharing today.

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Lovely placemats.

Karrin Hurd said...

Great placemats. Thanks so much for sharing!

Kathleen said...

Wonderful idea - a small kindness will go a long way for those who lost so much.

Quilting Gail said...

very pretty placemats! I'm sure the recipient will LOVE them!

Lianne makes stuff said...

I don't either, thank you for stopping by

Lianne makes stuff said...

thank you thats just what people do isn't it

Lianne makes stuff said...

thanks for stopping by Elizabeth

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thank you Lori

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thanks Daryl

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thanks for stopping by Karrin

Lianne makes stuff said...

I agree Kathleen

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thanks Gail I hope so

Carla said...

Such a wonderful thing to do, Lianne. What a thoughtful gift of your talents. Thank you for sharing in the Foodie Blog Hop.

LJ said...

Such a great idea and now all that's needed is that delightful meal to eat off the placemats.

Karen's Korner said...

Very generous of your sewing group. Nice work on the placemats.

Leah said...

These are lovely. I know they will be cherished.

Sharon said...

Beautiful place mats! I love how quilters are so generous, jumping in to create beauty for those in need. Thanks for sharing.

Carol said...

Lovely placemats! Someone will enjoy receiving them!

Calicojoan said...

They will make someones table a happy place soon!

Danice G said...

Really nice place mats. So kind to help the flood victims. Very generous gift.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your new placemats look fantastic.

tink's mom said...

Your placemats will make the recipients feel so much better just knowing that there are people out there who care. Great job.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love the placemats. How cool to use up and make for others.

Lianne makes stuff said...

thank you Carla

Lianne makes stuff said...

I think quilters are usually a generous bunch

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thank you Leah

Lianne makes stuff said...

thanks for you lovely comments

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thank you Carol I hope they are used and loved

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thank you Joan

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thank you Danice

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thank you Anorina

Lianne makes stuff said...

Thanks

Carol Andrews said...

Pretty placemats Lianne. Thank you for sharing your perfect charity quilting. I’ll be watching for the quilts. I love black and white! 😉

Lianne makes stuff said...

IThanks for stopping by, I don't know what to do with the black and white yet

More for March

  I have no idea what I'm doing here sometimes, I wrote a blog post yesterday and it posted on Chookys scrub stitchin blog, so I will tr...