Thursday, September 2, 2021

 I love Spring

Spring is clean to me, the weather is getting warmer, the birds are everywhere, except in the pine trees we cut down, sorry little Wrens. The garden is getting there we have mulched and potashed the roses. Mulched the fruit trees, barrowed sooooo many loads of wood mulch from the tip into the raised beds and then sifted the mulch for top soilm that's fun there's all sorts of muscles involved in that. we have 2 beds ready for planting and the third will be next week. We pegged out the next two smaller beds today and cemented the posts in. I hate using the post hole digger just saying. I'm getting good and cementing posts though.





 So we picked a lot of the Mandarins before it rained last week and I made Jam I am over making jam, in a few months I'll be whinging about tomato sauce and cucumber pickles. 

In the last few months I have read Nora Roberts, I think her shopping lists would be good, this book was great suspenseful as all her books are. I got through another two Winston Grahams books from the Poldark series I love them and I finally finished the 100 year old man who climbed out the window and disappeared. This was hilarious. I have been going to the Peel St Quilt group in Tamworth until lockdown anyway and I have joined in a couple of Zoom Meets with Chooky Blue and friends and I have been sewing my Smitten Quilt
That's a wrap I think for August


1 comment:

Janice said...

Gosh! You’ve been busy getting your garden ready did the coming growing season. It’s a lot of work doing all the preserves but they are so nice to enjoy during the rest of the year. I hope you can join us with Chooky and co tomorrow.

More for March

  I have no idea what I'm doing here sometimes, I wrote a blog post yesterday and it posted on Chookys scrub stitchin blog, so I will tr...